Share us!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Establishment R's are Losing Primaries -- and the Death of the Mainstream on the Right

Tick tock...

If you would have told me back in November of 2008 when I was working against Mitch McConnell the country would change but I would have to wait longer for radical change I wanted to see I would have told you that you were nuts.  The country as I saw it as a brash, green 25 year old was ready to usher in a new left leaning country, but I would have to wait.

And wait I have...  In the summer of 2009 I sat through the great recession like most of the rest of the country.  Absorbing an electoral advantage neither mainstream American party had since since the Democrat's supermajority during Lyndon Johnson's Presidency.  And in 2009 I don't think anyone on the left was foreseeing the Republican wave in 2010 that would pull us into current state we're in.

Eric Cantor got knocked off the evening of Tuesday June 10th 2014, the first time a majority leader in the house that has been toppled in a primary in 115 years.  But the Republicans are taking the wrong message from this win, and while they've won a few battles recently, they're certainly losing the war.

Whites quite simply are going to lose majority status by 2043, they're already the majority in California.  But poor John Boehner can't keep the GOP alive because of a radical low tax, anti-immigrant, anti-abortion, pro-rich base, and after Tuesday they sure as hell aren't going to touch immigration reform now.

You won't have to wait till 2043 to see the Dems route the R's over and over again in statewide elections.  If 2012 was any indication -- the Dems have a solid political coalition made up of non-whites, women, white liberals and a giant percentage of Millennials.  Millennials -- literally, the most pro-democracy, liberal generation of any generation.  Look at the polling, it's simply staggering.





And contrary to the old expression conservatives love to throw around convinced those on the left eventually go to the right, "Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains."  Yeah, well, turns out that's total bullshit.

And the re-branding known as Libertarianism won't save them either.  94% of them are white males.  But the GOP/Tea Party won't understand any of this, or can't.  All they'll hear is something along the lines of, "the country loves our message, we just have to get a little louder!"







No comments:

Post a Comment